Let’s get creative. Join us for a week of creativity in the Italian countryside, just twenty minutes drive from Venice. Staying in a delightful country house hotel, with comfortable rooms and a traditional Italian welcome. Enjoy a relaxed and interesting programme including food and wine, history, art, conversation and creativity.
Cruise across the Venetian Lagoon in an elegant ‘dolce vita’ private boat. Marvel at the elaborate palaces of Venice as you meander along the Grand Canal. Visit the fruit, vegetable and fish markets of Rialto. Enjoy coffee or a spritz in Piazza San Marco. Admire the city of Venice from the bell tower of San Giorgio Maggiore.
Meet local craftsmen and women including Paolo the paper-maker and the lovely Roberta, a Venetian mask-maker. Both Paolo and Roberta are good friends of ours and have impressed and beguiled our guests with their artistic skills over the years.
Explore the magnificent country houses that line the River Brenta stretching all the way from Venice to Padova.
As part of a small group of travellers (maximum group size 8 guests), we’ll explore the charming small towns of the Veneto. This will include the picturesque small hill town of Asolo with its medieval castle and fascinating history. Nearby we’ll visit the superb Palladian villa at Maser, built for the Barbaro brothers in the 16th century. Now listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
We will tour the university city of Padova, one of the oldest universities in Italy and admire the Giotto Frescoes of the Scrovegni Chapel, which date from the early years of the 14th century.
Of course we are in Italy, so there’s fantastic food and wine to enjoy at a variety of local restaurants and trattorias. We pick out our favourite eating places with the very best food and wonderful local wines.
There’s even the chance to join an art class to try your hand at painting. Or alternatively you can join a professional photographer for a lesson on how to get those perfect shots of palazzos and canals in hidden corners of Venice.
If you’d like to join us in Italy from 18-24 September then please contact us now.
Villa Margherita – our country house hotel and the base for our Venice – Creativity Week, 18-24 September, 2023
The price includes:
- 6 nights accommodation at the lovely Villa Margherita Country House Hotel
- Breakfast daily
- Private transfer from Venice Airport to the hotel on arrival
- Welcome Drinks Party and Welcome Dinner
- Full sight-seeing programme including visits to Venice, Padova, Asolo and the Brenta villages.
- Private boat tour of Venice, Grand Canal, Rialto Market and San Giorgio Maggiore
- Private boat tour of the Venetian Lagoon with visits to Torcello and Burano.
- Fabulous lunch at the wonderful Da Romano ristorante (my favourite)
- Mask-making demonstration with Roberta
- Visit the artisan paper shop of Paolo Pelosin
- Explore hidden corners of Venice with Janet as your guide.
- Four lunches are included at my favourite osterias and trattorias
- Four dinners are included
- An art lesson is included in the gardens of the Villa Margherita
- The programme is relaxed and leisurely.
The Price is Euros € 5975 per person / in a comfortable double room (there is no single supplement)
- A few superior rooms are available, at a supplement of € 300 per person (for the entire 6-night stay)
- A private photography lesson in Venice is available from a really talented local photographer – he is amazing.
- Photography Lesson – cost depends on number of people booking. It will be c. € 250 per person (assuming 4 people book)
I’ve been guiding and working in Italy for many years. I’ve written numerous articles about Venice and Italy on my blog. You may enjoy exploring some of these articles. Further reading:
Venice – six centuries in one photo
- To join me in Venice and the Veneto countryside this September – please register your interest now.
- My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A deposit of 50% of the package cost is required to secure your place.
- Balance payment due 1st August, 2023