Italy – A magical journey of art, design, colour and perfume….
08-14 May, 2023
Enjoy a week in a luxurious country house hotel, your own private estate, surrounded by park land, vineyards and charming courtyards. A week of art and design, perfumes and flavours. I am the guide on this week of Italian indulgence. I will lead tours to Verona, Lake Garda and Sirmione. I’ll explain the history, culture and art of Italy. In addition we’ll eat lunch and dinner together, sampling the finest Italian dishes. We’ll chat and laugh and learn. A week of total ‘Italian’ charm and joy. Paolo, the guest relations ‘charmer’ at Villa Cordevigo will serve us delicious glasses of fizz served with tiny canapes and amuse bouches. We’ll learn to paint, arrange flowers and recline by the pool. What could be better……
08 May, Monday: Arrivals
- Today is Arrivals Day we will pick you up from Verona Airport or Venice Airport and whisk you into the heart of the Veneto countryside. On arrival at Villa Cordevigo you’ll be shown to your comfortable and luxurious double room.
- After time to relax and freshen up it’s time for ‘Welcome Drinks’ on the terrace.
- Cocktails, snacks and introductions as you meet your hosts and your fellow guests.
- Welcome Dinner this evening in the ‘bistro’ over-looking the gardens and park.
- Meals included today: Dinner
09 May, Tuesday: Verona – History – Art – Shopping
- A delicious buffet breakfast is served in the hotel.
- Then a private vehicle will transfer us into Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet. Verona is just 20 minutes drive from Villa Cordevigo. There will be a special tour with a local guide introducing us to the Roman Amphitheatre, Juliet’s house and balcony, the gorgeous piazzas of Verona and the atmospheric Piazza dell’Erbe – where the market is held every morning.
- The shops in Verona are delightful – there are many, small independent boutiques. There is free time for shopping and perhaps a stroll by the river before heading back to Villa Cordevigo.
- Dinner is on the terrace at the hotel this evening.
- Meals included: Breakfast, Dinner
10 May, Wednesday: Artists and Lakes – water-colours
- A delicious buffet style breakfast is available until 10.00 am.
- 10.00 am – There is a Private Art Class just for our group. There will be a painting lesson with a local artist, teaching us how to create a charming water colour painting. Creative, educational and fun. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Villa Cordevigo gardens and create your own masterpiece.
- Lunch is a very casual salads and cheeses affair on the terrace.
- This afternoon enjoy the swimming pool, gardens and spa.
- In the late afternoon we’ll head out to the charming village of Bardolino on the shores of Lake Garda. Bardolino is a picture-perfect village with old, stone buildings and a lovely lake front. This evening enjoy a pizza supper at a local pizzeria – there’s nothing like fresh and delicious pizza!
- Meals included today: Breakfast, Dinner
11 May, Thursday: The flavours of Italy, cooking and wine-tasting
- Today there’s an exceptional private cooking lesson with an Italian chef. Learn how to prepare the perfect pasta dish with the most perfect of sauces. Simplicity is key.
- Lunch today is the opportunity to eat the fruits of your labours – let’s hope it tastes good!
- This afternoon is at leisure to enjoy the pool and gardens.
- This evening there is A wine tasting of the Villa Cordevigo’s unique range of superb wines with an expert sommelier. Start with sparkling wine and then move on to richer whites and fabulous reds. A journey of discovery through the wines of Villabella – all produced on or near the Villa Cordevigo Estate. Finish up the evening with a light supper in the cantina of the hotel.
- Meals included today: Breakfast, Lunch, Light Supper
12 May, Friday: Perfumes, scents and sounds of Italy – flowers – boats and the scents of summer
- Yet another fabulous breakfast at Villa Cordevigo. Fabulous coffee is available too, espresso, cappuccino, macchiato – name your favourite!
- After breakfast a wonderful local florist will arrive at the hotel to demonstrate and teach us how to arrange the flowers and leaves of the garden. Enjoy a session of learning and creativity as the blooms of the season scent the air in our studio. An opportunity to learn and to be creative, what could be better.
- After a few hours to relax, we’ll head into Sirmione, a charming historic town on the shores of Lake Garda. Explore the castle and narrow medieval streets of this magical little hamlet, perched on the edge of the lake. Then board our exclusive private boat cruise on the lake.
- This evening dinner is in a delightful trattoria in Sirmione.
- Meals included today: Breakfast, Dinner
13 May, Saturday: Fresh air, alfresco dining and relaxation in Italy
- Breakfast at Villa Cordevigo.
- After breakfast a wonderful bike ride through the local countryside is on offer. There’s even a couple of e-bikes. We’ll cycle through the local countryside and make a couple of surprise stops en route. There’s nothing better than the breeze in your hair and the scent of flowers in the air as you explore the local countryside. Lunch today will be a picnic in the park – al fresco style.
- There’s time to relax and enjoy the spa and pool this afternoon. There will also be transport to/from Verona for those wanting to enjoy a little free time and shopping in the romantic city of Romeo and Juliet. There’s even a walking tour available for those who want to see a bit more!
- This evening there will be a Farewell Dinner and Tasting Menu at Villa Cordevigo.
- Meals included today: Breakfast, Picnic Lunch, Dinner
14 May, Sunday: Departures
- A last breakfast in the hotel this morning.
- Departure transfers from the hotel to Verona Airport and/or train station will be scheduled for all guests. We can also arrange departure transfers from Venice (Marco Polo) Airport too.
- We wish you well and a safe return journey
- Meals included today: Breakfast
The area – Lago di Garda is a very large lake located in the Italian regions of Veneto and Lombardia. It is an hour or so west of Venice and twenty minutes from Romeo and Juliet’s city of Verona. There is a strong culinary tradition in the region – especially fish – which of course we’ll sample during our stay.
- Contact email@example.com now to discuss your room requirements and best possible pricing available.
- Prices start at: € 4900 per person / shared twin room and € 5800 per person – double room for single use.
- The trip is a full, pampering experience with most meals included, fabulous activities (all included) and is really an opportunity for total indulgence.
- For numerous articles that I’ve written about Italy please visit my blog: www.educated-traveller.com
- Happy Reading and Happy Dreaming!
One thought on “Italy – art, design, flavours and perfumes…”