At Educated Traveller we believe life is for living. As the holiday season floats into view just above the horizon, why not challenge yourself to a new and exciting adventure. Join us to drive Porsches in Sicily – after all ‘life is for living’….
What could be more invigorating and exciting than driving a fabulous open top Porsche Boxster 718 GTS along the challenging roads of Sicily this summer. Let’s face it Porsche and Sicily have got a shared heritage. They go back a long way. In the 1960s and 70s Porsche dominated the championship tables of the ‘Targa Florio’ Sicily’s infamous road race.
‘Grand Tourist’ has partnered with ‘Gran Tour in Sicily’ to bring you an amazing opportunity. A combination of great hotels, stunning views, blazing sunshine and all at the wheel of a superbly engineered sports car. Sample the narrow, winding and super-engaging roads of Sicily’s most famous road race. Step back in time and feel the wind in your hair as you accelerate through a series of hairpin bends taking you through the Madonie Mountains.
The ‘Targa Florio’ was started in 1906 by wealthy Palermo business man Vincenzo Florio. It was a road race designed to challenge drivers, with twisting, turning, narrow mountain roads. The course was so difficult that it was a miracle to even get to the finish line. The ‘Targa Florio’ quickly became one of the top motor racing challenges in Europe. Now it’s your turn to enjoy the atmosphere and the adrenalin of these amazing roads.
For Porsche lovers and keen drivers this is a trip of a life time. Check out this amazing video: https://youtu.be/CamWsR1ncNQ
- 4 nights in boutique style hotels in Palermo (2 nts) and Cefalu (2 nts)
- Airport transfers with private car & driver to your hotel
- Welcome Cocktails and dinner – Day One
- Porsche Boxster 718 GTS delivered to your hotel
- Full briefing, maps, suggested routes, lead car (if required)
- Detailed itinerary and full driving instructions
- Full Day of Porsche driving including ‘Targa Florio roads’
- Visit the ‘Targa Florio Museum’
- Enjoy lunch in a typical Sicilian Trattoria
- Second Full Day of driving through villages and countryside to the south of Palermo.
- Vineyard visit with wine tasting and local food tasting (at the end of the driving day) probably on the slopes of Mount Etna.
- Transport in private vehicle back to the hotel
- Full day in Cefalu, a charming seaside town with delightful history, shops, beaches and Sicilian ambiance
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a tailor-made programme to meet your exact requirements and to discuss dates of travel, amount of driving etc
For a little more detail on routes and options follow the link: https://wp.me/p97CFs-IK
If you are the kind of person that doesn’t like open top sports cars, Sicily also offers beaches, history, art and amazing food & wine.
Specialist travel in Italy: www.grand-tourist.com