Discover Venice with Grand Tourist – our sister company
Venice is an enchanting city. Palaces, bridges and canals link the numerous islands of Venice to each other. This is a city of boats, lapping water and polished paving stones. A city to walk, wander and dream. A city of romance. Why not join me, Janet Simmonds, tour guide and travel writer in the city that has inspired and influenced me for more than thirty years. Travel with one of my small groups OR I’ll prepare an itinerary just for you. Experience amazing architecture, history and the unique atmosphere of La Serenissima.
At Grand Tourist we specialise in exceptional tailor-made travel. Our specialist travel programme to Venice includes all of the following:
- Private vehicle transfers from Marco Polo Airport to your hotel
- 4 days – 3 nights in a country house hotel just 20 minutes from Venice OR
- Hotel accommodation in a palazzo in Venice
- Generous Buffet-style breakfast daily
- Welcome Reception with canapes and Prosecco!
- Private boat tour along the Grand Canal from Piazzale Roma to San Marco
- See the palaces that line the Grand Canal, Rialto Bridge, Fish Market, Accademia Bridge and Santa Maria della Salute
- Avoid the crowds on your private boat
- Discover Venice on foot with our special and easy walking tour.
- Explore the Arsenale, former boat-building yards of Venice, where the Venetian fleet was based during the days of the Republic (almost 1000 years).
- Ascend the bell tower of San Giorgio Maggiore for the finest view in Venice.
- Board the vaporetto (water bus) to discover the city – 24 hour ticket included.
- Visit the Brenta Canal, where wealthy Venetians built their summer homes.
- Visit Villa Malcontenta, designed by Andrea Palladio and now a private home.
- Maps, guides and restaurant recommendations provided
- Prices from:
- GBP £ 995–-
- Euros € 1150–
- US Dollars $ 1450–
- Prices are per person / There is no single room supplement
This tour is available throughout the year.
- Why not look at our blog The Educated Traveller for numerous articles on Venice.
- Learn about the country houses that line the Brenta Canal, just inland from Venice, click on The Brenta Canal
- Contact Grand Tourist for more details and to plan your tailor made trip
- Art in Venice: Venice – Lorenzo Quinn, Damien Hirst and the Biennale
- For an idyllic day in Venice: A perfect day in Venice
- For more information, a chat, or to book: Janet at Grand Tourist
“We can’t thank you enough. A perfect blend of culture and leisure time. The food and guided tours were brilliant and we even had a gondola ride. The hotel was lovely and they upgraded us to a suite. What a fabulous holiday.” MR & ER (April 2017)
Written and updated: 26-12-2017