Amalfi, Vesuvius, Herculaneum and Capri…
How about a romantic trip to the Amalfi Coast. Just an hour south from Naples, it is so easy to reach and such a change from the grey skies of Northern Europe. Feast your eyes on this little ‘minimoon’…..
Day One – Arrive Naples, Southern Italy
- On arrival at Naples Airport a private car and driver will be waiting to drive you around the Bay of Naples via Mount Vesuvius to the Amalfi peninsula.
- Follow the road up the side of Mount Vesuvius and then walk the final (short) distance to the crater. You can look into the crater and walk on a path of volcanic ash (pumice stone)
- Continue to the charming hill-top town of Ravello, high on the Amalfi coast.
- Free time to relax and enjoy this magical environment.
Day Two, Three, Four – Ravello, Amalfi Coast
- Stay at a luxurious 4-star hotel in Ravello
- Enjoy accommodation with beautiful gardens, pool, spectacular views.
- Private day trip to Herculaneum with car and driver
- Guide at Herculaneum (English speaking) to introduce you to the site and show you the highlights.
Day Five, Six, Seven – Capri
- Leave Ravello in the morning and drive from the Amalfi Peninsula to Salerno and the magnificent Greek Temples at Paestum.
- These spectacular Greek temples are roughly contemporary with the Parthenon in Athens. They are brilliantly preserved and very impressive.
- The small museum at Paestum is excellent and well worth a visit. Many tomb paintings dating from 350 BC have been found and preserved at Paestum.
- Proceed along the Amalfi Coast to Sorrento and the ferry for your boat to Capri.
- A short ferry crossing to the Marina Grande, Capri where your hotel vehicle will be waiting to transport you to the hotel.
- A fun drive across the island to the Hotel Scalinatella, Capri.
- Two full days of rest and relaxation in this paradise of sea, sun and tranquillity.
Day Eight – Departure
- Transfer to port area of Capri and then ferry across the Bay of Naples and vehicle transfer to Naples Airport
- This is a sample itinerary.
- The trip can be longer or shorter to suit the guests.
- All the tours / experiences I create are tailor-made for the individual clients
- I have assumed transport to and from Naples Airport (flights not included)
- I am an Oxford educated tour guide, travel planner and travel company owner.
- My company web site is: grand-tourist.com
- My travel blog is: educated-traveller.com
Costs and what’s included – 7 nights accommodation in Italy
- 3 nights Ravello – Hotel Rufolo
- 3 nights Capri – Hotel Scalinatella
- 2 nights Naples – Hotel Parker’s
- Very good 4-5 star hotels with luxurious double accommodation
- Breakfast included daily
- Arrival transfer from Naples Airport to Amalfi (with Vesuvius ascent if required)
- Half day excursion to Herculaneum (with local expert guide)
- All ground transportation in comfortable saloon car with air conditioning
- Professional and courteous drivers.
- Excursion to Paestum to see the spectacular Greek Temples (with guide at site)
- Professional tour guide at Paestum Archaeological site.
- Car transfer to Sorrento for ferry to Capri
- Transport from Capri port to Hotel Scalinatella
- Maps, guide books and local information provided.
- Departure transfer from Capri to Naples with car service to hotel in Naples
The programme cost is as follows:
- GBP £ 1995—per person based on 2 people sharing – double room
- GBP £ 2595—per person in superior double room with sea view
- Prices are land only – and include all services listed above.
- All services subject to availability at time of booking.
- For more information: Janet at Grand Tourist
NOTE – Southern Campania is THE mozzarella producing area of Italy, if you’d like to visit a farm and do a mozzarella cheese tasting just ask!