Amalfi, Ravello, Sorrento and Capri…
How about a romantic trip to the Amalfi Coast. Just an hour south from Naples, it is a land of turquoise sea, blue skies and charming villages. Delightful small restaurants, brilliantly painted boats and long, sunny days. Feast your eyes on this little trip of a lifetime xxxx
Day One – Arrive Naples, Southern Italy – Transfer to Amalfi Coast
- On arrival at Naples Airport a private car and driver will be waiting to drive you around the Bay of Naples via Mount Vesuvius to the Amalfi peninsula.
- Follow the road up the side of Mount Vesuvius and then walk the final (short) distance to the crater. You can look into the crater and walk on a path of volcanic ash (pumice stone)
- Continue to the charming hill-top town of Ravello, high on the Amalfi coast.
- Free time to relax and enjoy this magical environment.
Day Two, Three – Ravello, Amalfi Coast
- Stay at a luxurious 4-star hotel in Ravello
- Enjoy accommodation with beautiful gardens, pool, spectacular views.
- Afternoon trip to Amalfi, Maiori and Positano along the coast with car and driver.
- Explore the spectacular gardens at Villa Cimbrone, Ravello.
- Enjoy a traditional trattoria dinner in the heart of the village of Ravello.
Day Four, Five, Six – Capri
- Leave Ravello in the morning and drive from the Amalfi Peninsula to Sorrento for the hydrofoil or ferry crossing to Capri.
- Explore the delightful small town of Sorrento before heading to the port.
- A short ferry crossing to the Marina Grande, Capri where your hotel vehicle will be waiting to transport you to the hotel.
- A fun drive across the island to the Hotel Scalinatella, Capri.
- Two full days of rest and relaxation in this paradise of sea, sun and tranquillity.
Day Seven – Departure
- Transfer to port area of Capri and then ferry across the Bay of Naples and vehicle transfer to Naples Airport. Sadly, it’s the end of the trip!
- This is a sample itinerary.
- The trip can be longer or shorter to suit the guests.
- All the tours / experiences I create are tailor-made for the individual clients
- I have assumed transport to and from Naples Airport (flights not included)
- I am an Oxford educated tour guide, travel planner and travel company owner.
- My company web site is: grand-tourist.com
- My travel blog is: educated-traveller.com
Costs and what’s included – 6 nights accommodation in Italy
- 3 nights Ravello – Hotel Rufolo
- 3 nights Capri – Hotel Scalinatella
- First class, four star hotels with luxurious double accommodation
- Breakfast included daily
- Arrival transfer from Naples Airport to Amalfi Coast
- Half day excursion to Herculaneum (with local expert guide)
- All ground transportation in comfortable saloon car with air conditioning
- Professional and courteous drivers.
- Car transfer to Sorrento town and port for ferry to Capri
- Transport from Capri port to Hotel Scalinatella
- Maps, guide books and local information provided.
- Departure transfer from Capri to Naples with car service to Naples Airport
Please note – prices will vary depending on dates of travel and exact length of stay. A price guide is as follows (based on travel in April 2018):
- GBP £ 1995 / US $ 2950 per person based on 2 people sharing – double room
- GBP £ 2595 / US $ 3750 per person in superior double room with sea view
- GBP £ 2950 / US $ 4350 per person in Junior Suite with sea view
- Double room for single occupancy – please add: GBP 595 / US $ 850.
- Prices are land only – and include all services listed above.
- All services subject to availability at time of booking.
- For more information: Janet at Grand Tourist
NOTE – Southern Campania is THE mozzarella producing area of Italy, if you’d like to visit a farm and do a mozzarella cheese tasting just ask! Those water buffalo are a treat to meet!!